Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday 9 August 2007

Silly Putty, but painful Silly Putty

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that's commented on the new design for Yellow Shoes - the general consensus seems to be that people like the new design, which makes me happy, thanks so much everyone :)

This week the blogs have been a bit sparse - first of all I've been dashing round like a blue-arsed fly driving DJ equipment round for Rod, who is not able to drive at the moment, which has meant that I've been dashing round Yorkshire with huge speakers and lights in the back of the van. The only upside to this has meant that I don't have to worry about world war 3 potentially breaking out every time I try and get the keys off my sister for the car.

On Saturday night, after playing at a Wedding in the arse-end of nowhere, I drove back to take over another gig from Rod in a big marquee at the end of my road, and played a pretty blinding House set (even if I do say so myself), and kept the party going all night. It was weird that although the set couldn't really have gone much better, all it did was prove how much I'm missing Ibiza to me :(

On Monday, I started my new job at the garage, where I'm designing the website, and doing engine re-mapping - this is all part of my cunning plan to get myself a new laptop and then get a little place for me and Marisa in the centre of town. The job's ok, but I'm in the grottiest office in the world, currently my only amusement is the fact that the floor slopes down 30 degrees to my desk, and that there's a woodlouse with Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome trying to get into the light-switch. Sigh. To make up for it, me and Marisa went to see the Transformers movie, which I've been losing sleep over for a long time, I've been so excited about. I wasn't let down - the movie was amazing, and was even genuinely funny (which I wasn't expecting at all). The only thing I was a little disappointed about (apart from the obvious changing of BumbleBee from a VW Beetle to some daft American car) was that the robots changed so fast you didn't have chance to savour the moment, but it really was a minor gripe.

Last night was the one that really stood out though, and not in a good animated talking robot kind of way, either. After Mum going on about it for about 52 years, I finally went to Chai, the Thai Back Guy, to see if he could make my back any better. I can honestly say it was the most painful experience of my life. He made me scream like a little girly at several points in the proceedings, and when he'd finished, I felt dead. Just dead. Today I'm still dead, and my back is still in agony. I don't think I want to see Chai the Thai Back Guy ever again. I want to slap him, but I know he could probably do some Matrix-type kung-fu on my ass, and I'm already dead because of him, so it's probably not worth it. Owwwwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment