Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday 30 July 2007

Eat your drugs, they're good for you.

I saw an advert for Special K cereal today, and it got me thinking about the whole Cocaine energy drink scandal - in a nutshell what happened was that a company tried to release an energy drink in the states called 'Cocaine', it didn't actually contain any cocaine (what did you think you were going to get for $2.00? an 8-ball in a can?), but the Federal Drugs Agency banned the drink for being illegally marketed ("For a cocaine-like burst of energy!", "Speed in a can!"), and for promoting drugs use.

You can probably see where I'm going with this, but I'll say it anyway. How, throughout all this scandal has Kelloggs Special K remained completely untouched by all this? Last time I checked the ingredients, it contained no Ketamine whatsoever, yet this product has remained on Supermarket shelves for about 92 million years.

I also notice the FDA have done nothing about Smack Noodles, which are eaten by noodle bag-heads the world over. Notice on the packet they serve them with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment