Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Killing me softly with condiments

In an attempt to create the ultimate spicy sauce just now (something I've been attempting for a long time), and in the testing thereof, I managed to give myself uncontrollable hiccups. The sauce was so spicy that I'm not only sweating and my eyes streaming, but worse, I had to remove my beenie. Disaster.

These are the ingredients in case anyone would like to make themselves hiccup (although I wouldn't recommend it: As a direct result of this sauce, I ended up spilling Ribena all over myself whilst trying to remedy the hiccuping situation):

  • Indian Curry Sauce
  • Soy Sauce
  • Mexican Chilli Sauce (Death sauce)
  • Heinz Tomato Ketchup (The upside-down squeezy kind)
  • Tabasco Sauce
  • HP Sauce
  • Brown Sauce
  • BBQ Sauce
These sauces were added according to spiciness. The more spicy the sauce, the more I added. This was served on pasta, although I don't think that was a mitigating factor in the hiccupping side-effect.

It should also be noted that I find none of these sauces on their own spicy at all, so I think there's a super duper chemical reaction going on that's activating the spice and making me taste it. Unless you come from Bradistan and were raised on curry, or have an aspestos mouth, I would not recommend you try this combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment